Week 5 Case Study Part 2 – Assessment
Part 2 – select three (3) clients (of your choosing) to assess:
In which client cases would gastrointestinal cancer be a risk and what would be the likely type of cancer?
• A 40-year-old man who smokes and has a duodenal ulcer.
• A 50-year-old woman with long-standing GERD and recent evidence of Barrett esophagus on upper endoscopy.
• A 60-year-old obese woman with a history of alcohol abuse and chronic pancreatitis.
• A 25-year-old man who contracted hepatitis A on an international trip.
• A 60-year-old woman with type 2 diabetes mellitus and a history of long-standing constipation and consuming one or two alcoholic drinks every other day.
• A 25-year-old with a history of Hashimoto thyroiditis and Crohn disease.