NRNP 6665: PMHNP Care Across the Lifespan I
The objectives for this week are:
• Analyze signs and symptoms of neurodevelopmental disorders
• Analyze the pathophysiology of neurodevelopmental disorders
• Analyze diagnosis and treatment methods for neurodevelopmental disorders
• Summarize legal, ethical, and patient education factors related to neurodevelopmental disorders
You assignment this week is to make a study guide. This is a chance to enjoy some creativity with an assignment. It is a nice break from writing a paper! Check out the suggestions in the assignment for what you can do. Make sure you include everything that is required in the assignment and check the rubric so you get all of the points possible! Here are the disorders that have been assigned:
My assignment : Specific learning disorder:
• Your Instructor will assign you to a specific neurodevelopmental disorder from the DSM-5-TR.
• Research your assigned disorder using the Walden Library. Then, develop an organizational scheme for the important information about the disorder.
Create a study guide for your assigned disorder. Your study guide should be in the form of an outline with references, and you should incorporate visual elements such as concept maps, charts, diagrams, images, color coding, mnemonics, and/or flashcards. Be creative! It should not be in the format of an APA paper. Your guide should be informed by the DSM-5-TR but also supported by at least three other scholarly resource
Create a study guide for your assigned disorder. Your study guide should be in the form of an outline with references, and you should incorporate visual elements such as concept maps, charts, diagrams, images, color coding, mnemonics, and/or flashcards. Be creative! It should not be in the format of an APA paper. Your guide should be informed by the DSM-5-TR but also supported by at least three other scholarly resources.
Areas of importance you should address, but are not limited to, are:
• Signs and symptoms according to the DSM-5-TR
• Differential diagnoses
• Development and course
• Considerations related to culture, gender, age
• Pharmacological treatments, including any side effects
• Nonpharmacological treatments
• Diagnostics and labs
• Legal and ethical considerations
• Pertinent patient education considerations
Note: You will need to submit your Assignment to two places: the Week 8 Study Guide discussion forum as an attachment and the Week 8 Assignment submission link. Although no responses are required in the discussion forum, collegial discussion is welcome. You are encouraged to utilize your peers’ submitted guides on their assigned neurodevelopmental disorders for study.
Assignment: Study Guide Forum
Abnormal brain development or damage at an early age can lead to neurodevelopmental disorders. Within this group of disorders, some are resolvable with appropriate and timely interventions, either pharmacological or nonpharmacological, while other disorders are chronic and need to be managed throughout the lifespan.
For this Assignment, you will develop a study guide for an assigned disorder and share it with your colleagues. In sum, these study guides will be a powerful tool in preparing for your certification exam.
Irritability in autism Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder
risperidone amphetamine IR, XR, and ER
clonidine hydrocholoride ER
Dexmethylphenidate IR and XR
guanfacine hydrocholride ER
methylphenidate hydrocholoride IR and ER, transdermal
Require video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jx4GuyX5Sgc