Evidence-based Practice for Quality Improvement. Digital Literacy
References: 1). PubMed Basics 2). Searching PubMed with MeSH 3). Full Text and PubMed 4). Fact Sheet: Medical Subject Headings (MeSH) 5. Medical Subject Headings Home 6). PubMed My NCBI 7). PubMed Online Training Tutorials
I. Complete PubMed activities: 1). Topic of Interest – Patient Education. Compliance of DM Management/Treatment for Elderly Patients 2). Using PubMed, create a search strategy for selected topic
3). Use MeSH terms and Boolean operators (i.e., AND, OR, NOT).
Complete each step below: 1). Record the number of references returned by the search 2). Include the frequency of "ALL" and "Review" for each step 3). Adjust search strategy to complete all steps:
1. Run a basic text search using two MeSH terms for topic
2. Refine search by using the LIMIT feature to include only references within five years
3. Refine further to include references in which the search terms appear in the Abstract/Title
4. Refine further still to include references in which the search terms appear only in the Title
CREATE AN ABSTRACT: 1). Introduction, topic used for search 2). Describe findings for the number of articles retrieved from original search 3). Describe impact when search was refined – for example. first time search might have retrieved 15,000 articles and after using the words "and, or, not; search narrowed to 5,000 or less. After limiting search to 5 years, may have narrowed the selections to 80.
After completed search, write an essay:
1. Describe the search 2. Include a cover page
3. The abstract 4. An introduction and Purpose 5. Body of paper describing the search 5. Conclusion