Cellulitis SOAP Note
WEEK 9: Evaluation and Management of Skin Disorders
Lesson 1: Evaluation and Management of Skin Disorders, Part 1
Assignment 9.1: Cellulitis SOAP Note
By the end of this assignment, you will be able to:
• Describe the cause of skin disorders. (CO7)
• Demonstrate advanced skills in the physical assessment, pharmacology, and management of skin disorders. (CO7, CO8)
• Use SOAP notes to record patient observations, assessments, and plans. (CO1, CO2, CO8)
• Assignment Guidelines
• A patient presents in Urgent Care with concerns about her right lower leg. The patient is a Hispanic, older female (67 years old) who is allergic to PCN, has a very meager income, and shares that she had a bug bite on her leg and after a couple of days, that area of her skin feels hot and slightly tender. What questions might you ask? What treatment would you prescribe? Follow up? Please provide this information with your SOAP note in the space provided, along with your reference.
Also, consider reviewing the SOAP note VIDEO below and article Links to an external site..
SOAP Notes Flip Tile Alternative Version
Also, consider reviewing the SOAP note video Links to an external site.and article Links to an external site..
Before attempting to complete your learning activities for this week, review the following learning materials.
Read the following in your Primary care: Interprofessional collaborative practice textbook:
• Chapter 35, “Examination of the Skin and Approach to Diagnosis of Skin Disorders”
• Chapter 41, “Animal and Human Bites”
• Chapter 44, “Burns (Minor)”
• Chapter 59, “Preseptal and Orbital Cellulitis”
The book used for this class and for this assignment is cited here:
Buttaro, T., Trybulski, J., Bailey, P., & Sandberg-Cook, J. (2021). Primary care: Interprofessional collaborative practice (6th ed.). St. Louis, MO: Elsevier Mosby.
SOAP Note content (>11–12 points)
All components of subjective and objective data are present and supportive of the assessment and treatment plan. Proper terminology is implemented throughout the assignment.
Structure and Mechanics (2 points)
Paper is well organized.
No or very few spelling, grammar, and/or punctuation errors.
Resources (1 point)
Correct APA citations and references provided.