Professional DNP Leadership Capacity
Professional DNP Leadership Capacity
NOTE: This assignment must use the provided Paper Template which is found in this Link (Word doc): Week 7 Assignment Paper TemplateLinks to an external site.
The purpose of this assignment is to demonstrate your leadership capacity to manage a practice change project. You will create a collective manuscript that incorporates the revised Week 2 and Week 5 assignments with an additional section that you will create this week.
This assignment will allow for the assimilation of professional leadership competencies in project management as a DNP-prepared nurse. Assignment content supports professional formation, communication, and dissemination skills relevant to the DNP-prepared nurse.
Please note that this is the third part of a 3-part assignment submitted in Weeks 2, 5, and 7. You have received feedback from your course faculty on the Week 2 and Week 5 assignments, which you should use to revise and prepare the Week 7 assignment.
NOTE: All NR703 assignments and their requirements should be discussed in relation to your proposed or hypothetical DNP practicum project.
Use the provided Week 7 Assignment Paper Template and include the following:
1. Introduction: The organizing introduction is the first paragraph that does the following:
a. Introduce the paper’s topic and establishes its importance.
b. Present a clear purpose statement.
c. Create a brief overview (outline statement) for the combined paper using the three primary Level 1 headings.
2. Integrate the Week 2 corrected content under the first Level 1 heading, “Organizational Needs Assessment.”
a. Don’t forget to include the discussions of Table 1 (Organizational Needs Assessment: Practice Gap Identification) and Table 2 (Johns Hopkins Individual Evidence Summary Tool). Both tables must be referred to in the paper’s content.
b. Include the required level 2 headings (as they are on the template):Practice Gap
2. Practice Gap
3. Practice Question
3. Integrate the Week 5 corrected assignment content under the second Level 1 heading, “Leading the Practice Change Project,” using the following level 2 headings (Note: level 3 headings for sub-topics are recommended):
a. Interprofessional Collaboration in Leading Project Teams
b. Communicating Comportment in Project Management
c. Leadership Ethics
4. Create the content to place under the third Level 1 heading, “Leading Practice Change Teams with Innovation and Effective Management,” using the following level 2 headings:
a. Leading Through Innovation
b. Integrating Leadership and Management Models
c. Managing Materials and Human Resources
a. Recap the paper’s purpose statement and brief overview (outline statement) for the combined paper using the three level 1 headings (don’t include “conclusion”).
b. Draw major conclusions from the body of your paper.
c. Summarize the paper’s relevance to the practice change project.
6. References (minimum of 4 scholarly, peer-reviewed sources)
a. Create a reference page.
b. Include the references from the first two papers that you have used in this paper if they are still used.
c. Ensure each reference has a matching citation.
d. Support your paper by using evidence from at least four (4) scholarly peer-reviewed journal article sources (preferably research or systematic reviews) that are retrieved from the Chamberlain library databases. Do not use the internet, textbooks, government sources, or organizational websites for these four sources in this assignment. However, you may use other gray materials for additional sources if you need them.
7. Attach the revised Table 1 (Organizational Needs Assessment: Practice Gap Identification) and Table 2 (Johns Hopkins Individual Evidence Summary Tool) from the Week 2 assignment as displayed on the Week 7 Assignment Template
Review the rubric for the grading criteria.
Use the current Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (APA Manual) and the Chamberlain Guidelines for Writing Professional Papers: Graduate Programs (located in the APA Basics section of the Writing Center) to complete this assignment. Follow these guidelines when completing each component. Contact your course faculty if you have questions.
1. Use the NR703 Week 7 Assignment Template provided to insert your content for this assignment.
a. Link (Word doc): Week 7 Assignment Paper TemplateLinks to an external site.
b. Personalize the title page by adding your name and the session month and year of the course where indicated.
c. The title is already provided for you in the template.
2. Turn on Grammarly to check the correctness of the grammar and punctuation as you write. (Note: if you have not already done so, please download the free version at Grammarly.com before the construction of the assignment.)
3. Note: Because this assignment builds on the materials used in the Weeks 2 and 5 assignments as well as several discussions, similarities are expected; therefore, Turnitin will not be routinely used in this cumulative assignment. However, papers may be reviewed in Turnitin if the instructor deems it necessary.
4. Use the following prescribed Level 1 and Level 2 headings, which are already provided in the template, for this paper (level 3 headings are encouraged where needed):
a. Organizational Needs Assessment
ii. Practice Gap
iii. Practice Question
b. Leading the Practice Change Project
i. Interprofessional Collaboration in Leading Project Teams
ii. Communicating Comportment in Project Management
iii. Leadership Ethics
c. Leading Practice Change Teams with Innovation and Effective Management
i. Leading Through Innovation
ii. Integrating Leadership and Management Models
iii. Managing Materials and Human Resources
Writing Requirements (APA format)
• Length: 8-12 pages for accumulated paper (not including the title page, references page, or tables)
• Use the Week 7 Assignment Paper Template that is formatted with the following APA conventions
o 1-inch margins
o Double-spaced pages
o 12-point Times New Roman
o Headings & subheadings
o Title page
o Reference page
o Table 1 and Table 2
o In-text citations
• Standard English usage and mechanics
• CARE Plan paragraph development structure
• Revisions based on course faculty feedback from Week 2 and 5 Assignments