Leading Practice Change Projects
Leading Practice Change Projects
The purpose of this assignment is to create a leadership approach to address the hypothetical DNP practicum project described practice gap identified in the Week 2 assignment. The approach focuses on three specific DNP-prepared nurse leadership skills:
• Interprofessional collaboration
• Leadership ethics
This assignment will allow for the assimilation of professional leadership competencies in project management as a DNP-prepared nurse. Assignment content supports professional formation, communication, and dissemination skills relevant to the DNP-prepared nurse.
Please note that this is the second part of a 3-part assignment submitted in Weeks 2, 5, and 7. You will receive feedback from your course faculty on the Week 2 and Week 5 assignments, which you should use to prepare the Week 7 assignment.
NOTE: All NR703 assignments and their requirements should be discussed in relation to your proposed or hypothetical DNP practicum project described in the Week 2 assignment.
Include the following in your paper:
a. Introduce the paper’s topic and establish its importance.
b. Present a clear purpose statement.
c. Provide the reader with a brief organizing statement of what will be discussed in the paper using the level 1 heading topics.
d. NOTE: The introduction should present each requirement in relation to your proposed or hypothetical DNP practicum project described in the Week 2 assignment.
2. Interprofessional Collaboration in Leading Project Teams: Create your approach to implementing your hypothetical practice change project, described in the Week 2 assignment, with an interprofessional team, including a description of how you will manage the following challenges (One paragraph each):
a. Creating a project environment of mutual respect and shared values
b. Facilitating team roles and flexibility to perform effectively in the project
3. Communication Comportment (professional behavior) in Project Management: Create a guideline for your professional communication to serve you in the hypothetical practice change project, described in the Week 2 assignment. Include the following considerations (One paragraph each):
a. Verbal and non-verbal communication competencies at a doctoral level
i. Communicating leadership through verbal & nonverbal comportment (professional behavior)
ii. Creating alignment of verbal and nonverbal messages
b. Written professional communication
i. Writing with leadership tone and style
ii. Using standard English
iii. Creating summary and synthesis in writing
4. Leadership Ethics: Discuss how you will create a consistent image of ethical comportment in your hypothetical practice change project described in the Week 2 assignment, including the consideration of the following (One paragraph each):
a. Balance an Ethic of Justice with an Ethic of Care in your leadership style.
b. Create a conflict resolution approach for the project team management of issues such as disagreements or bullying.
c. Lead social justice change within the project environment (i.e., countering structural inequities, addressing implicit and explicit bias, combating social injustices, and applying cultural humility).
a. Recap the paper’s purpose statement and organizing (outlining) statement criteria that revisits the three level 1 headings (not including the conclusion).
b. Draw major conclusions from the body of your paper.
c. Summarize the importance of effective communication for the DNP-prepared nurse in leading your practice change project.
6. References (minimum of 2 scholarly, peer-reviewed sources)
a. Create the reference page.
b. Ensure each reference has a matching citation.
c. Support your discussion by using evidence from at least two (2) scholarly peer-reviewed journal article sources (preferably research or systematic reviews) that are retrieved from the Chamberlain library databases. Do not use the internet, textbooks, government sources, or organizational websites for the two sources in this assignment. However, you may use other gray materials for additional sources if you need them. Hint: Search other than nursing journals for sources of evidence.
Review the rubric for the grading criteria.
Use the current Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (APA Manual) and the Chamberlain Guidelines for Writing Professional Papers: Graduate Programs (located in the APA Basics section of the Writing Center) to complete this assignment. Follow these guidelines when completing each component. Contact your course faculty if you have questions.
1. Use the APA Paper Template (located in the Canvas Resources: Writing Center) to format this assignment.
2. Turn on Grammarly to check the correctness of the grammar and punctuation as you write. (Note: if you have not already done so, please download the free version at Grammarly.com before constructing the assignment.)
3. Use the title, “Leading Practice Change Projects,” for your paper & format the title page by using the APA paper template.
4. Use the following prescribed Level 1 and level 2 headings for this paper (Do not include the lettered/numbered outline here:):
a. Interprofessional Collaboration in Leading Project Teams
i. Creating a climate of mutual respect and shared values
ii. Facilitating team roles and flexibility to perform effectively
b. Communicating Comportment in Project Management
i. Verbal and non-verbal communication competencies at a doctoral level
ii. Written professional communication
c. Leadership Ethic
i. Balance an ethic of justice with an ethic of care
ii. Create a conflict resolution approach
iii. Lead social justice change within the project environment
Writing Requirements (APA format)
• Length: 4-6 pages (not including title page, references page, or attachments)
• 1-inch margins
• Double-spaced pages
• 12-point Times New Roman
• Headings & subheadings
• In-text citations
• Title page
• Reference page
• Standard English usage and mechanics
• CARE Plan paragraph development structure